Alshaya Catering comprises of Business Catering, Mobile Events, @Home, @Home Entertainment and Prestige Catering. We provide premium quality food and beverages and exemplary service through our brands to individual guests and corporate clients. The offerings include breakfast, lunch, dinner, special occasions and weddings, served at a location of the customer' choice.
Job details :
Reporting to the Business Manager - Catering, the Department Manager's responsibilities and essential job functions include (but are not limited to) guaranteeing that all culinary & service areas are kept in order to maintain the highest food safety standards, managing the catering operating equipment, and supporting the culinary & service teams as they achieve their operational objectives. You will strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
Your other responsibilities will include:
• Working closely with the Executive Chef & Operations Manager to anticipate guest needs
• Coordinating catering, plating, and food running with the Catering Chef and Catering Supervisor
• Leading and managing the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed
• Ensuring F&B culinary & service teams have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs
• Managing all equipment, china, glass and silver, running the inventory, and ensuring that adequate clean supplies of each are ready for use at all times
• Preparing monthly reports on shortages in china, silverware, and equipment, and requisitioning replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
We are looking for a well-organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a "passion for perfection" and work in a dynamic environment.
In addition, the candidate should possess/be:
• Previous leadership experience in a Stewarding department required (min 2 years)
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Computer literate, with competency in Microsoft Window applications.
A University/College degree in a culinary or related discipline would be an advantage.